Interested in an expert view on how Brexit will affect Aviation? Be sure to check out our exclusive short summary on the legal repercussions of Brexit on Aviation in the UK: BREXIT and AVIATION (The Short Version!)
The latest Eurobarometer survey, published one year ahead of the European elections in May 2019, shows a continuous increase in citizens’ support for the European Union. Over two-thirds of respondents (67%) are convinced that their country benefits from being a member of the EU. This is the highest score ever measured since 1983. Also for the first time, a majority of respondents (48%) believes their voice counts in the EU.
People are often asking what kind of impact Brexit has on the mental health of the people who didn’t vote for Leave, but rather want to stay in the EU.
That research has now been done by our chair Prof Emmy van Deurzen and Dr Helen De Cruz.
You can read the results here
Unless there is a change of heart among our British friends, #Brexit will become a reality with all its negative consequences – March next year. We, here on the continent, haven’t had a change of heart. Our hearts are still open for you.
– Donald Tusk, President of the European Council, 16th Jan 2018.
I hope that these comments by my colleague, Donald Tusk, are not ignored in London.
– Jean-Claude Juncker, President of the European Commission, 16th Jan 2018
- 4.9 million EU and British citizens were improperly disenfranchised, but the Referendum leave margin was only 1 million, and therefore the leave vote is clearly not valid
- The Referendum process is now known to have been interfered with by many external sources, which has been exposed by the superb award-winning journalism of Carole Cadwalladr and James Patrick, casting further doubt on any process to take the UK out of the EU
- There has as yet been no constitutional decision of the UK to leave the EU.